Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gacotton  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:13:10 PM(UTC)
gacotton

Groups: Registered

I have a GE WBVH6240FWW Front load washer. For the last 3 or 4 weeks I noticed the DOORLOCK light is on all the time. I figured the switch that operated that light was broke and since it was still working I didn't bother with it. I was just going to bed, when I walked by the washer and it was sitting there like it was suppose to be running but nothing was happening. I pulled on the door and it opened. The clothes were dry, so I closed the door and pushed the start button. The pump started running but was not pumping anything. I figured the trap was full again, this happens so often I haven't had the front panel on for 3 months, so I took it out. It was clean, but all the detergent for the load was at the pump churning suds up. I took the clothes out and started pouring water in to flush the detergent out. Now when I set the dial to any setting and push start the pump starts up, runs for about 2 minutes and then quits. After it quits, I can pour water in the front and at about 2 gallons the pump will start up and pump all the water out, but I still cannot get it to start washing.

Thanks
Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

gacotton  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:10:18 PM(UTC)
gacotton

I have finally got the machie to enter test mode. I ran all of the tests. the only one that concerns me is the Water level control test t06. it does everything fine till the of part. How high should the water get ON THE DOOR before of is achieved? It rose 4 to 5 inches and that worried me, so I ended the test. I checked the errors and the only one was E54. Manual, it said to run the tumble test ans spin tests. They performed as described. t07 didn't work. It filled to nL but the temp never rose, and the pump drained in less than 5 minutes. The door lock and light seem to be working now. Something associated with that must have reset from all of the times I unplugged the machine power to reset the board and tr to enter test mode.
gacotton  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2010 4:03:10 AM(UTC)
gacotton

It washed 1 load of clothes like normal. now it is back to the original problem, and I cant get it to go into test mode. I unplug the power for atleast 30 seconds, and when I plug it back in. the doorlock light will be on. and the pump will start pumping.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply