Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
optiman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:25:06 PM(UTC)
optiman

Groups: Registered

Our Dishwasher recently started acting up. Upon investigation it appears not to be getting water up to the top rack. Anything on the top rack is left dirty, the bottom rack cleans perfectly. Obviously the water is not reaching up to that top level or rack. The jets look to be clear and unobstructed by debris, but I may be wrong. I have tried cleaning it by cycling a gallon of vinegar with no results. Any Suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated since the thing is relativly new. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:45:47 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

You need to clean the food chopper assembly. It is a screen with a blade on it. The screen gets plugged up and cuts the flow of water as it's being pumped around inside the dishwasher.

You can get to this screen from the inside of the dishwasher by removing the bottom spray arm and then the covers.

Here is a photo of what your looking for.

http://appliancejunk.com...n=gallery;sa=view;id=236

http://appliancejunk.com...n=gallery;sa=view;id=233
richappy  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 12:58:25 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If your chopper is clogged, you need to replace this plus the check valve next to it in the housing. Inspect the chopper, if the white plastic end is badly worn, you also have to replace the main pump impeller, this requires pulling out the dishwasher
optiman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:13:16 PM(UTC)
optiman

Just a note to thank you guys for helping me fix my problem with the diswasher. Rick and Appliancejunk Thanks again my Brothers!
ChiTownFrank  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:39:04 PM(UTC)
ChiTownFrank

ApplianceJunk and richappy,

Thank you for all your help.

I cleaned out the food chopper assembly and everythings fine.

It had some built-up detergent and a few toothpicks (I'll have to talk to the kids about that) stuck in there.

After cleaning, alls better.

Thanks again.
Frank
optiman  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:13:45 PM(UTC)
optiman

Originally Posted by: ChiTownFrank Go to Quoted Post
ApplianceJunk and richappy,

Thank you for all your help.

I cleaned out the food chopper assembly and everythings fine.

It had some built-up detergent and a few toothpicks (I'll have to talk to the kids about that) stuck in there.

After cleaning, alls better.

Thanks again.
Frank

My Pleasure. Glad I was able to help.
God Bless
Joy_Road  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:02:37 PM(UTC)
Joy_Road

The configuration was not exactly the same as in the photo (different model), but I found the screw that, when removed, revealed the chopper screen and blade. It was full of pieces of plastic baggies, unpopped popcorn seeds, and other seeds. I removed it, cleaned out all of the seeds and plastic pieces, re-assembled it, and now the dishwasher runs like new! Top rack cleans everywhere. Question is: Why did Whirlpool keep this screen a secret? Cleaning this puppy will probably be an annual thing in my house! Thanks ApplianceJunk!!
ApplianceJunk  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:28:06 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Glad to hear you got it repaired Joy_Road.

The screen should be self cleaning. If it keeps acting up I would replace the screen. The new screen will come with a new food chopper blade on it and they are cheap to replace if you can do-it-yourself. :)
aquaria  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 10:54:31 AM(UTC)
aquaria

I took my dishwasher apart and found a piece of hard plastic jammed in the cover over the chopper. Then I pulled the chopper out to clean the screen. It wasn't bad. Now I can't put it back in! Is there a trick to getting this screen back in and getting the blade on the gear properly?

Originally Posted by: Joy_Road Go to Quoted Post
The configuration was not exactly the same as in the photo (different model), but I found the screw that, when removed, revealed the chopper screen and blade. It was full of pieces of plastic baggies, unpopped popcorn seeds, and other seeds. I removed it, cleaned out all of the seeds and plastic pieces, re-assembled it, and now the dishwasher runs like new! Top rack cleans everywhere. Question is: Why did Whirlpool keep this screen a secret? Cleaning this puppy will probably be an annual thing in my house! Thanks ApplianceJunk!!
usmcmom  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:53:34 PM(UTC)
usmcmom

Having the same problem but looking at the diagram...doesn't look at all like my dishwasher - any chance that I can get some pics and directions to check this out on my model?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply