Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lou's  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 11:41:46 AM(UTC)
Lou's

Groups: Registered

Had the same problem with Maytag Neptune Dryer not turning on and getting "88" on the display. Thanks to the great posts here and the troubleshooting diagnostics I was able to fix my dryer and make my wife extremely happy! No more sticking the heating pad on the front panel and waiting for hours for the dryer to turn on. After years that became less and less helpful and would have to wait several hours with the pad to turn the dryer on. Not anymore. I replaced the c15 capacitor which I new was bad as soon as I saw it (bulge at top and leaking). I changed it out with a higher voltage rating of 35v (the original was 16v), and kept the same 3300uf and temp rating of 85C. The capacitor at Frys Electronics (part #6432852) was $2.69. It was much bigger than the original but it fit. The only thing I wasn't ready for was the amount of glue that was holding the capacitor and the one next to it to the board. I imagine it was for vibration. I re-glued the new capacitor in with glue gun like the old one for anti-vibration. After a little heat with a heat gun and some isopropyl alcohol I was able to pry enough away and desolder old capacitor out. Fingers crossed this holds up since the repair was just done. Thanks to the information here it saved me hundreds of dollars.
csanto931  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 6:19:06 PM(UTC)
csanto931

This forum helped me fix my Maytag Neptune Dryer. I replaced the C15 capacitor with a new 3300uf 25V (the old one was 16V) that I picked up from the local Fry's Electronics in Phoenix, Arizona, and it worked great!

The resistors on upper right side of my control board have obviously been giving off a lot of heat over the years, and have browned the board, and the back of the white plastic, but they still work fine as far as I can tell.

Thank you!
- Chris
skywolf  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:26:33 AM(UTC)
skywolf

No buldge, but sucess un c15
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:32:18 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Unplug machine. Peel the control PAD plastic from the right a few inches. Remove the metal triangle at the start switch. Clean metal triangle and area it goes into with rubbing alcohol. Press plastic pad back.
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:35:40 AM(UTC)

United States

Went to an electronics store, bought a soldering iron kit. Then, removed the c15 capacitor and replaced it with a 3300uf 25v capacitor (the old one was 16v but you can use a capacitor with higher voltage).

The machine started working. As a previous poster mentioned, my resistors were also browned and you could see it around the board. However, they seem to be working fine.
#16 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 1:32:45 PM(UTC)

United States

Still a valid topic, 9 years on.

Same problem: 8.8. showing in the Maytag Neptune electric dryer display. The fix is replace the 3300uf 16v capacitor on the board. I've done board repairs on all kinds of industrial stuff, and had one on hand. Fifteen minutes from start to finish.

FWIW, the resistors R53-R56 are metal film 820 ohm, 5% (stripes: gray, red, brown, gold), probably 5 watt. Mounting them further from the board would have alleviated the burn on the upper right. It may not be an issue for the life of the rest of the dryer, but if I was engineering the board for long term use, mounting them on 1/4" (6mm) legs would be better.
Gene  
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:18:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Thank you for sharing your repair experience with us.
Gene.
#18 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2022 11:09:58 AM(UTC)

United States

Thanks! changing time to 41 worked brilliantly!
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2022 9:12:12 PM(UTC)

United States

My Neptune dryer stopped working as well with an 8.8 error code displaying right after I plug it in. You push start and it does nothing.

Then I just tried the above solution of pressing Time Dry, setting the time to 40 min, then setting it to 41 min and pressing start. Sounds illogical and insane but it worked! Thanks!
#20 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2022 1:01:49 PM(UTC)

United States

With error 8.8, I rest pressing (Damp Dry) Button and (time -) Button at the same time and works again.
Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply