Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsutton  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:22:05 AM(UTC)
tsutton

Groups: Registered

After warming something up yesterday the microwave display turned off and would not respond. I *think* the cycle finished but my wife was using it so I'm not sure if it shut down while running or after she opened the door. The microwave light also stayed off when the door was opened. The lower oven and display worked as usual. Today I shut down the power and opened up the control panel. After checking the fuse (it is ok) and continuity/operation of the door switches/interlock switches several different times (they seemed to be working OK) I got fed up and closed it all back up and turned the power back on. Surprise - the microwave display was lit up saying "RESET". I set the time and tested it out - the microwave seems to work like usual. The problem is when I turned the power back on the oven cooling fan came on and runs constantly. The oven hadn't been used in a day so there really isn't a reason for it to be running. I did have to disconnect a few wires to get to the fuse and test the switches but I'm 99% sure I plugged everything back up correctly (the schematic is useless to me). Web searches have proven to be little help. Can anyone provide any guidance as to what needs to be done or what I could have broken would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help! Oh, I'm not sure if this post should be in the microwave or oven forum so I'm going to cross post. Please don't flame me...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.