Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scott5495  
#21 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 3:19:56 AM(UTC)
scott5495

Groups: Registered

Please give me the model number and I will get back to you tonight
Willied53  
#22 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 6:52:33 AM(UTC)
Willied53

Thanks

Dss26DHW
GE
sorka  
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:02:12 PM(UTC)
sorka

I think folks misread the OP's problem and arrived at something completely different despite others posting the exact same symptoms.

I have the same problem. The light was out and the top inside where the light is was extremely warm. In fact, the refrigerator heated up to 50F within just an hour do to how hot the space that houses the light assembly was.

When I opened the door, the light was off but the digital controls still displayed the temperatures. Pressing the door switch resulted in the digital displays blanking as it normally does but the light does not come on when the switch is in the open position. Only the digital displays light up.

I removed power for a minute or so and plugged it back in and the light came back on in the main refrigerator.

The freezer light never stopped working.

Given that others report this continues to happen a few hours or days after the reset, I'm assuming that it is not fixed.

Kind of surprised that nobody has reported back what the actual problem and fix was by this point.
fridgestuff  
#24 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 7:17:54 PM(UTC)
fridgestuff

I have the same problem, really glad to find this current thread. My GE profile has a super hot upper light fixture. Light seems to work just fine, I tested the switch and also recorded the light inside with my phone, upon closing the door. Switch seems fine. But fixture is extremely hot and has a burning smell to it. Bulbs are intact. Any insight here on what the issue is and if any parts need replacement?

Thanks!!
Dean Haustead  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:11:38 PM(UTC)
Dean Haustead

The problem may be occurred due to supply of maximum electric supply or it may be the problem of the light.