Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hmayes  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:12:26 AM(UTC)
hmayes

Groups: Registered

Hi Folks,

Got a used washer and dryer (electric) for a steal because the dryer was not heating.

When I set it up, the dryer actually worked, heat and all. Then that stopped after a couple of loads.

I replaced the thermostat, that did nothing, then replaced the thermal limiter, nothing. After that the dryer heat worked for about a full day, then stopped. Then I replaced the control thermistor. Still nothing.

I finally borrowed a multimeter from work and checked the heating element just for kicks. I get about 10-12 ohms so there is definitely continuity (which makes sense because it works on occasion. I also checked the thermistor and it does read about 52K ohms at room temp and resistance goes down if I heat it by holding the sensor part between my fingers.

If I put the dryer through the function test the heat will sometimes work, sometimes not.

These are the error codes I have gotten:

E5B 170

E8C 031

E9E 001 (I can't figure out what this one is, it's not listed on the tech data sheet, looks like it only tripped once though? and has not come back.)

E4A 023

If I reset the error codes the one that comes back right away is E5B. Actually, I'm not even sure that one ever clears when I try to reset it.

I am thinking I need a new control board, but just wanted to seek some advice before I drop that kind of money.

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.