Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
citygal401  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:03:05 PM(UTC)
citygal401

Groups: Registered

I have an LG combo ventless Washer/Dryer (WM3455) that's a few years old (but still within the 10 year motor warranty). At some point, it started making a grinding noise about 20 minutes into the cycle, although it seems make the noise more than once in a complete cycle, I think it's roughly at 20 minute intervals. The noise appears to be coming from the bottom right side (if you're looking at the machine).

The machine functions perfectly well. It still washes and dries just fine. It makes the grinding noise when the second icon on the front panel is "on," I think when it is agitating.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be? I ask because the LG repair company is not located in my city, and is the most expensive, but if it's the motor, they would be able to work within the warranty.

I have a video of the grinding noise and when it stops, for what it's worth, but the site won't let me attach it. You can see it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/omfdo1...ombo%20grinding.mov?dl=0
Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.