Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnkelner  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 7:55:47 PM(UTC)
johnkelner

Groups: Registered

On it's own, the water just started shooting out of the door dispenser yesterday. It flooded the kitchen. This happened 5 years ago - but the door was set to ICE not water back then. The racket got my immediate attention 5 years ago. The water did not this time and ran for some time. I read years ago to disconnect the door electricity circuit and replug it back in the next day - I did - no issues for 5 years after - till last night. I repeated the unplug last night after cleaning up and it seems ok now, although set to ICE at bedtime just in case. I am getting paranoid. I note someone wrote about this and recommended replacement of the microswitch and there is a nice video here to replace the microswitch, but can that REALLY be bad causing this? Once in 5 years and then again 5 years later? Is there another controller of the water on and off other than this switch to look at. There was no power surge that I know of. It's Florida here but no rain or storms. I'm stumped and paranoid. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.