Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TIMANDREWS  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:30:30 PM(UTC)
TIMANDREWS

Groups: Registered

I picked up this GE PROFILE fridge on the premise it was the motherboard that was shot. When powered up everything worked but the compressor. Turns out it was the inverter board. I replaced that and the unit started to cool. After sometime the fridge and freezer were cool but the front display was not reflecting the current inside temps. I put a thermometer in the fridge and one in the freezer and let it run. I returned to it after a few hours. Here's what I noticed:

1) the fridge seemed okay. Thermometer and actual temp matched and the damper had shut things off. But its still a little strange how the temp display did not reflect the inside temp earlier during the initial cooling stage.

2) the freezer was still running at -15 on the thermometer with the front display indicating 0.

I decided to open the doors and let the unit warm up to see what happens and I observed the following after the fridge and freezer was warmed 10 degrees or so above the set points (0 & 37):

3) the compressor and fan took a really long tome to kick in. It must have been 15 mins or more after the doors were closed.

4) the digital display for both the fridge and freezer did not change with the decreasing inside temps. When I unplug the fridge and plug it back in the temp display changes to the correct temp for that moment but does not change as the unit continues to cool.

I'm going to check the thermistors when I have a chance. I'm just wondering if someone has seen and/or deal with a similar problem and could provide some guidance/suggestions.

Many thanks

Tim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.