Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eingmund  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 4:12:07 AM(UTC)
eingmund

Groups: Registered

I bought a house several months ago and this oven came with it. It's a GE profile electric oven / range. It has two ovens built into it, a large lower one and a small upper one.

We have found that whenever we try to cook something with it, the oven will just randomly shut itself off. Doesn't matter if you're using the upper oven or the lower one, it won't work reliably.

Here's what happens - I'll set the temp. Sometimes it preheats all the way. Other times the preheat cycle doesn't work and it shuts off before it has heated up to temp - like I said, it varies. When it goes off, I'll just see the clock display. No blinking (other than the two dots between the hour and minute), and NO error codes! I basically just keep watching it and resetting the temperature until dinner is done.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I press "0" to set the temperature (like to say, 300), the display will show the number "8" instead. Not sure if there is a connection there.

I just want some help with diagnosing it before I buy a 200+ dollar control board.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.