Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doncaruana  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 8:37:29 PM(UTC)
doncaruana

Groups: Registered

My fridge had been working okay and it recently started getting pretty warm in both freezer and main compartment. Cleaned the condenser coils and it worked pretty good overnight. Finished cleaning and put it back the next day and the temp just steadily rose.

The compressor isn't kicking on, but neither is the condenser fan and I don't hear any clicks. In the meantime, it seems like the fridge is distributing the heat from the freezer to the fridge as the freezer part is rising slowly while the main compartment is dropping. This is after setting the temp to 'off' for a half hour. Before that, both were rising.

I would think that if it were the relay/capacitor then the fan would run, but not the compressor. I'm not sure if a bad start relay/capacitor should always hear a click but I don't hear one.

I'm thinking if it was the thermistor, it would have to be both of them. But then it seems that, right now, the main one must be fine, since it's running and "cooling".

Does it sound like the control board? Or could the cap/relay be preventing the fan from running as well?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.