Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
C-17A  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 8:33:47 AM(UTC)
C-17A

Groups: Registered

Greetings,

I have a 3 year old Kenmore upright 12.1 cu. ft. freezer in my garage. Model # 253.28262805

Recently I noticed it seemed to be "short cycling" between run and off. It would come on for maybe 3 to 10 seconds and shut off. Then, within a minute or two it would repeat the short cycling... Sometimes much sooner.

In the past it seemed to simply come on......run a good while (at least several minutes or more) then shut off for a good while (at least several minutes or more).

It freezes just fine, normally holding between 7F and 10F inside temp even at the first setting of the internal thermostat switch.

I became concerned this on/off short cycling might burn my compressor out or drastically shorten its life...

SO, I did some internet research and the finger seemed to point to either the start device/controller unit or the run capacitor. I simply replaced both with a brand new 216985001/297286803 run capacitor and a new 216954214 controller.

However, it seems to have changed little as to on/off cycling or run time.

Could this be normal, the short run time? Could the temperature switch/controller be bad?

What else should I check/look into?

TIA, Randy "C-17A"
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.