Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shaneca  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 6:30:47 AM(UTC)
shaneca

Groups: Registered

Hey Everyone,

I have a Maytag Centennial gas dryer that stopped working a couple days ago. 2 weeks prior the door switch went. I replaced that and it was worked fine since. I double checked the new switch and it is working correctly.

I have done some basic troubleshooting so far and this is what I have came up with.

The start switch seems to work fine because I can set the timer and hit the button and I can hear the switch click. If I then open the door I can hear the start switch disengage like it is supposed to. Also if I set the timer and hit the start button and let it go I will hear it stop shortly after so it appears for the most part the timer circuit is working, the start button is working.

Thermal fuse has continuity through it and when plugged in I measure ~120volts on the heater side of it.

The connector to the motor I have measured 24v across the blue and white connection (4M and 5M on diagram) with the door switch open and when I close the door it goes to 38volts. Should I assume that I should be seeing 120v here?

Can someone explain the Start 2-4-3-8 and Main 2-4-3-6 ( I am guessing something about the 2 different windings between the start and main)

Lastly I have not checked everything in the gas burner section like the flame sensor, pilot, burner and all that but since there seems to be no activity on the motor and a weird voltage reading that I cannot conclude is correct or not I am sort of stuck at this point.

Any ideas on other things I could test to try and figure out what the issue is?

Thanks!
Shane
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.