Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rongant  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 1:38:20 PM(UTC)
rongant

Groups: Registered

hi there, First time posting 😁,

I've got a problem with my 6 year old fridge, its only getting down to about 9 degrees Celsius inside. being fairly confident (having at least an automotive AC background) I decided to check what I could do, but nothing has worked yet.
The cool thing is that I actually own TWO of these appliances, and keep them side by side in my kitchen, one as a freezer and one as a fridge.

I have checked the evaporator, and there was very little Frost on it, and it was only in the top left (see picture).
The evaporator fan is on all the time, and the compressor is pretty much the same amount.
The temperature of the lines to and from the compressor are very close on both of my appliances.
I have tried swapping everything that I could disconnect from one to the other to no avail.

usually in a car, that's gonna tell me the r134a is low on charge. but I'm desperately hoping it's not, cuz I don't see any leaks from the parts of the system that I can see, compressor, liquid and suction line, and evaporator, as well as the evaporation tray heater, or the filter, and would then have to have a guy come to diag the leak source, and do the refill of the system.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.