Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tgillenw  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:03:08 PM(UTC)
tgillenw

Groups: Registered

My temp is staying around 60 F in the fridge section. Pulled out and checked all fans and they are working. However, the compressor seems to be rather hot. I've tried resetting the temp panel. Nothing is helping. Any thoughts on what could be wrong. This fridge is only a little over a year old :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 9:01:00 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

Is freezer is cold, 10deg F or around there? Ice cream is a nice way to check for temps below 15 degrees, above that it'll begin to soften.
Some quick checks:
1) Door switch in top section? Push it to ensure that light is turning off, a bulb staying on can create a lot of heat.
2)Air flowing out of vents in tower on back wall of fridge? You may need to have door switch depressed for the fan to run. It blows air up into fridge section through a damper that open/closes as needed. It may be delayed a little after you press the door switch in.
If no air is making it into fridge section I think you'll need to pull that rear wall apart to access damper, if it is frozen closed or broken that's your issue.
3)Return air ducts... air blown up must be able to return to freezer, I'm not 100% sure where they are on this machine, probably back corners of the upper compartment. They may be visible from inside freezer section too; up in freezer ceiling.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply