Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davi1td  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:17:17 AM(UTC)
davi1td

Groups: Registered

I'll try to keep this short, any help appreciated.
About a month ago , even though this darn upright freezer is only 2 years old ... open it to find everything thawed! After cleaning up the mess I plugged it back in and it worked, so I thought. It literally stuck on, I monitored it going past -40!
Played with the thermostat and then it stuck off. I had already ordered a evaporator motor, and now a thermostat. I installed them and had been monitoring everything for about 2 weeks, everything is fine, I have a remote temp sensor which monitors very often, so I know there where no problems.

Today I opened it to do a final cleaning and get ready to use it, had door open for about 10 minutes, which of course at some point the compressor and fan kick in, no problem with that, a few minutes later I walk by and notice I hear nothing running and knew that couldn't be right, I open the door and sure enough, nothing running and its registering over 40. I unplugged and re-plugged and messed with the temperature control, still nothing. Frustrated, I walk away and about 5-10 minutes later I hear the distinct click when the compressor kicks on, I go over and sure enough it's running.

Based on what I described could that have been normal? If not what other parts do I need to check? Run Capacitor? If it's the Run Capacitor could it behave this way or would it not work at all? Also when this happened I turned the temp control and heard no clicks.
Thanks
-TD
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.