Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
needsomehalp  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 5:34:28 AM(UTC)
needsomehalp

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

My refrigerator handle broke off due to a heavy item falling from off the top of the fridge/freezer.

I called Sears to have a repair done, and here's what happened:

Call #1: Scheduled technician to come out. - $89 diagnostic fee
Technician shows up, examines, orders part - $150.
I get the part, turns out he ordered the wrong one.

Call #2 - Called Sears back, told them their tech ordered the wrong part. They put me through to someone who said they'd get it rectified in the repair center. Seemed legit.

2 weeks go by, part never shows up.

Call #3 - Call Sears again, tell them the above. Customer support person tells me they need to schedule another appointment, does so and hangs up. I'm furious at this point, because that would be an additional $89. I cancel the appointment.

Call #4 - Call Sears AGAIN, telling them I just cancelled my appointment because of the above. Person on the other line says they have to schedule an appointment so a technician can come out and determine if what they already sent and charged me $150 for is actually the wrong part or not. If the TECHNICIAN says so, I get my $150 back, but STILL have to pay another diagnostic fee. I basically tell them to go pound sand and I will figure out how to find it myself.

If anyone out here knows where I could simply order such a correct replacement part for my fridge, I will personally send you a thank you card in the snail mail (or a really kicka** e-card if that's more appropriate).

Halps, please?

Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.