Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KMayUSA6060  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:26:36 PM(UTC)
KMayUSA6060

Groups: Registered

My aunt and uncle gave me my washer/dryer set a couple months ago after we bought our first house. They said they bought the set somewhere around 5 years ago.

The Problem

The dryer ran perfectly fine until last week, when my fiancee and I both ran cycles that rendered incomplete. We ran them on Energy Preferred, and when we came down to the dryer not running, both times the knob hadn't advanced much further passed. I then went to run it again, and the dryer wouldn't start, until I'd turn the knob around and up into the Wrinkle Shield area. Then it would run for a second, buzz real loud, then shut off.

What I Have Tried

I have tested the thermal fuse for continuity, and it checked out ok. I then checked the start switch, and unless I did it wrong, it didn't test for continuity, so I replaced it. It still will not work.

What I Have NOT Tried

I have not tested the door switch for continuity. I saw a video where the guy said to open the door and manually press the switch in. If it clicks, it's good; if it doesn't, go ahead and test it for continuity and most likely replace it. I was working on testing the timer for continuity when I ran into the stupid quick connect harness. I have NO idea how to disconnect that thing. Any suggestions?

What do y'all think the issue is? Thank you in advance for the assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.