Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flickf9234  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 5:24:53 AM(UTC)
flickf9234

Groups: Registered

Eureka! Sort of. :-) Figured out the banging noise. There was an issue with the water line that we found. It was where the water line came up from the basement so that's taken care of. Now for the no power issue. When I left the fridge on for a bit yesterday the main control board has some relays that light up green, indicating it has good power running to it. Still get the 2 blinks of the red LED light on the smaller board. Nothing comes on near the compressor. I'm definitely leaning toward the small board being the problem. I wish I knew 100% that it wasn't the compressor but I doubt it is because the fridge and freezer worked perfectly until its sudden death almost 2 weeks ago. Hate to buy a board I can't return only to find out that it isn't the problem.
PNWDrew  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 5:49:13 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

If the LED code is bad inverter board that's probably it. Samsung is pretty good with their codes.
You can test for voltage in to board and voltage out to compressor.
I probably would out of an abundance of caution but that's just because my employer takes 7-10 days to get parts and being wrong costs the customers a 2nd order cycle and I hate telling someone that it'll be another week.

FWIW I change very few Samsung compressors, so given the info you have I'd do that inverter board and feel pretty confident.
flickf9234  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 4:25:52 PM(UTC)
flickf9234

Well the inverter board didn't fix the problem. Plugged in the new one and nothing changed, except the LED light flashed one time. So now I'm back at square one. Thoughts?