Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SmokeyMoss  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 2:16:47 AM(UTC)
SmokeyMoss

Groups: Registered

I have a front loading washer that I am awaiting parts for. In the meantime I've got a top loading whirlpool WTW5200VQ2 that was purchased in June 2010 that has been in storage for 3years. I brought it in and hooked it up in my laundry room and started a load. It filled and washed perfectly so I went upstairs. A short while later I heard the damndest noise and ran down to the laundry room. This washer was doing a dance like I've never seen and the tub had to have been hitting all 4 sides of the cabinet. I raised the lid to stop it. Upon inspection the load looked like it might be a little to one side so I moved a few articles around and closed the lid again. It started spinning and same thing again. It was banging like crazy. I did this 3 times and never could get it balanced. After the 3rd attempt the spin cycle must have been over because when I lowered the lid it didn't start again and after about 30 seconds it started to fill for the rinse cycle. I was about to walk out of the laundry when I heard water but it was a different sound from the sound of filling I looked down and saw water soaking out in all4 directions out from under the washer. That should give some indication as to how violently the tub was beating around. Something either broke or came loose. By the time I got the cabinet off and exposed everything the water had all run out so I haven't found out what is leaking yet. My first concern is the imbalance problem the springs seem to be in real good shape. The only one that even had any rust on it at all is the long counter balance spring in the back but it seems to have fair tension. I noticed now that the cabinet was off I could tilt the drum assembly far more and thedrum assembly would actually slide on the machine base. I noticed something else. In the parts diagram on this site there is a drawing of the parts for the machine base. I noticed that there are two triangular shaped brackets the lower one is positioned with a corner of the triangle pointed at the 2 back corners of the washer and according to the diagram the upper triangular shaped bracket which is afixed under the tub is positioned the same as if it were to sit right on top of the other triangle one on top of the other. Mine is not sitting that way. My upper bracket is reversed from the lower one where you have Each corner of the upper triangle sticking out on a flat section of the lower triangle. The diagram show some plastic pads that are supposed to help with vibration and these pads are supposed to be in contact with the other bracket but the way mine is sitting with the two triangles opposing each other none of these plastic pads are even touching metal on the other. My washer has never been into before so I don't think that it was installed wrong by any service work done on it prior and surely it didn't come from the factory backwards like that. Plus the machine ran fine for three years before I put it in storage. Please someone tell me what in the hell is going on here? :confused: I'm about to go nuts with two washers on the fritz and I sure don't want to go to a coin-operated laundromat!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.