Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RudyNortz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:27:52 PM(UTC)
RudyNortz

Groups: Registered

Hotpoint washing machine will not pump out when main selector switch is in the Color or Casual choice. But will pump out when selector is in Whites.

Model HSWP1000M2WW

Everything else works fine: Fills, empties, agitates, etc.

Looking for some suggestions to try.

Thanks,

Rudy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:24:18 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
During the color or casual cycle does it pump out (drain) prior to the rinse cycle? If so does it spin prior to refilling with water to rinse? Or is it not pumping out before rinse and before spin cycles?
RudyNortz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 3:45:25 PM(UTC)
RudyNortz

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
During the color or casual cycle does it pump out (drain) prior to the rinse cycle? If so does it spin prior to refilling with water to rinse? Or is it not pumping out before rinse and before spin cycles?

It does pump out prior to all spin cycles; color, casual, white. The pump works normally it just does not spin in Color or Casual after pump out. I did peak in once after a test run (empty drum) and the drum was turning very slow like one RPM right after the pump out was done but it never came up to speed.

I took the front panel off and the panel behind the controls but nothing obvious was found.
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 4:21:40 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Ok you can get an error code by looking at the top of the motor. When you have the front panel off (exposing the tub motor and pump area) look at the top of the motor. You will see Mounted on top of it a computer board. Looking at the right side top of it you should see an LED light blinking. If it blinks on and off once every 1/2 second then the motor is showing no errors. If it flashes 2 or more times rapidly then pauses count the number of flashes and that will give you the error code.
RudyNortz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:20:08 AM(UTC)
RudyNortz

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
Ok you can get an error code by looking at the top of the motor. When you have the front panel off (exposing the tub motor and pump area) look at the top of the motor. You will see Mounted on top of it a computer board. Looking at the right side top of it you should see an LED light blinking. If it blinks on and off once every 1/2 second then the motor is showing no errors. If it flashes 2 or more times rapidly then pauses count the number of flashes and that will give you the error code.

The light is a steady on and off, no pattern to the blinks. I have not watched the light when the machine is running, this blink pattern is when the machine is just sitting there. Should I run it?
Thanks for your reply.
brobriffin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:28:20 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

No not necessary. If there is an error code it will flash in standby mode....

You said you did an empty test and it never came up to high speed. Is that true in the white setting as well?

If so perhaps the belt is slipping.
If not then the timer may not be operating properly.
RudyNortz  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:51:37 AM(UTC)
RudyNortz

The light does a steady on-off blink all the time, machine running or not. It still spins fine in "Whites" mode, no spin in the other two modes. I laid on the floor and watched the motor/belt/etc. while it was running in all three modes and the belt is not slipping. I'm beginning to suspect a glitch in the PCB.

Just talked to the Wife and she said a sheet got under the agitator last week and popped it off. She said she had to remove a "thingy" with a screwdriver then put it back on to free up the sheet. I wonder if that could be the problem -- maybe she didn't put the "thingy" back on correctly?

There is a small hole in the base of the agitator, I assume you put something in there to release the agitator??
brobriffin  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:43:07 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

I don't have a wiring schematic for your machine however if it spins high speed then its gonna spin high speed! so that kinda rules out the circuit control board on top of the motor.
I'm inclined to believe your timer might be the culprit. You can Buy n Try it right here GE WH12X10527 Timer Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com
If it isn't your problem our policy allows you to return your item for a full refund less shipping I think.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply