Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Grady_Cheek  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:43:20 PM(UTC)
Grady_Cheek

Groups: Registered

I have seen many threads discussing ice makers but none have quite described the situation that I have been seeing with my ice maker.

First of all, it completely stopped running some time ago.

A few months ago I replaced the optics boards and the LED is indicating normal operation (Solid when door flapper is closed, blinking when the door is 'open').

But after around 5-10 minutes of the door being closed I will open the freezer to discover that the LED is completely off. So I flip the switch to 'off' and close the door.

Then an hour or two later I will open the door and the LED will be blinking again, so I turn it back to 'on'. The cycle repeats itself with no ice.

Finally, today I pulled the actual ice maker and tested the voltage between points N and L and got 120 volts.

I then put a jumper between T and H and the only result was a few arcs between my jumper wire and the ice maker. This has led me to assume that the actual ice maker is bad.

I am mostly posting this to see if anyone else is coming to same conclusion before dropping $75.00 on a new ice maker.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can post or tests I could perform. (I did insure that the water is free of frost and ice.)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.