Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niceguypmp3  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 2:52:08 AM(UTC)
niceguypmp3

Groups: Registered

We have a Whirlpool Cabrio that we just acquired and it had sat for a bit, so we decided we'd do a cleaning cycle first. It was filling with hot water and when it was nearly full, the mins remaining went from like 46 down to 4 and it started draining. It completely drained and then shut off. I then tried a regular cycle with nothing in it. As soon as I hit start, then it ran the drain pump for about 2 seconds, then immediately dumped water from the top for a second. Then it slowly started spinning the tub. For a min or two it turned Very slowly, then it sped up a bit. After a minute or two of that, then it stops spinning and then a few seconds later starts again with the same slow, then faster spinning. No error codes, no trying to fill with water, nothing, but slowly turning. I tried different cycles. I tried the short wash cycle, normal cycle, colors cycle and the towel/sheet cycle. They all did EXACTLY the same thing. First ran the drain pump for a couple seconds, then fill water for one second, then start the cycle of slow, then faster spinning, then stopping and starting the slow, fast spinning all over. Does Anyone know what could be up with it besides it being possessed? We don't want to have to purchase a new washer, but we don't want to throw parts at this one either. We assumed it would throw error codes if something was wrong, but it hasn't. Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.