Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bhgarrett  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:08:40 PM(UTC)
Bhgarrett

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I've done a ton of research on your site for my LG wm2101hw. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know where to go. My LG washer was making grinding rumbling noises and would not spin. I ran service checks. Open back panel and main bolt was loose. Tighten bolt and noise went away when there was no load. Placed a load in wash and again it made the noise and no spin. Opened up back panel and bolt was instantly loose again. Took off bolt and it was obvious that the rotor assembly (plastic gears) worn to nothingness. So I definitely need a new rotor assembly unit.....check... Question is the main gear shaft which I guess is the "spider". The metal teeth seem a little worn from the plastic gear spinning. You can see metal powder on the main bolt. Do I need to replace the spider based on my attached pictures?
Would rather not go through the timely trouble and cost if you guys feel there is enough teeth on the gear to capture the new rotor. I just couldn't find any images on what the spider teeth should look like. Thanks for your help.
I don't get any errors so I'm assuming my "rotor position sensor switch is okay and the motor wire harness. All connections look clean and no damage from first visual.
Bhgarrett attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.