Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leahthrash@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 8:10:24 AM(UTC)
leahthrash@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

My front loader will not fill or spin. It will run water for approximately 3 seconds and then stop. The draining seems fine. It gives me error code E51 (I believe, it has been a while). Even if my memory is failing me right now and this is not exactly the correct code, The tech manual says to test the harness, if it is fine then replace the control board and if that doesn't work then replace the speed control.

When I run the diagnostic mode of the washer, the code would come up at the end of every test (it stands for communication error according to the manual). I tested the harness, and it is fine. I replaced both the control board and the speed control board and it still does the same thing and gives the same codes. Water pressure is good, inlet hoses are good and there are no obstructions, power at the plug is also good.

:confused: PLEASE HELP!! This washer was only 2 weeks out of warranty when it stopped working, I am ready to have my washer again!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 4:09:02 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ouch, two weeks.

You should contact Frigidaire and see if they can do anything for you since it was so close to being in warranty. Not likely but worth a try.

The next thing to test or replace is the door lock assembly. Use the tech notes to test it, and you may want to try replacing it. If you buy a new door lock assembly from this site and that does not fix the problem you can return it.
leahthrash@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 4:37:24 AM(UTC)
leahthrash@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

That was going to be my next step. It does lock, but before all these issues I did have trouble a few times with the door not unlocking at the end of the cycle, and I would have to unplug the washer 5 or 6 times to get it to finally open.

I will test it tonight, and post back.

Thank you!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 4:38:51 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Great, good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply