Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brian84  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:48:02 PM(UTC)
Brian84

Groups: Registered

I went downstairs to put my girlfriend's clothes in the dryer, today, and when I opened the door I realized that there was still water in the washer. The level of the water pretty much reached just below the bottom of the door.

Edit: I just went to turn it on, and pretty much anything I pressed it read "ERR" (which I'm assuming is error). It was humming though, as if it was trying.

Edit 2: After some Googling, I found out that it is giving me an "E21" error code, which is slow draining. I'm guessing that's a simple fix. I'm hoping that's a simple fix. Can someone confirm? I am guessing I need to take off the front of the bottom of the washer, which is held on by two screws. They're completely square, and I forgot the name of the bit required. Can someone help me with the name, so I can go to Home Depot and buy it? I know she doesn't have it in her house, and I live too far away to go get it. Also, are there instructions on how to clean out the hoses out, or what I need to clean out to fix it?

She's ready to drop the money on a new washer because she doesn't believe this will be an easy fix, and although I doubt it will be either, I figured I would come on here to see. Money is tight, and she's looking to save where she can.

A quick response would be appreciated as I would need to give her the (hopefully) good news right after she got out of work.

If you need any other information, pictures, or whatever, feel free to ask. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and am good at following instructions, so I'm fairly confident I would be able to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.