Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nico1986  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:45:19 AM(UTC)
nico1986

Groups: Registered

hi my washer won't spin took apart thinking couplings would be broken not the issue they look good. the agitator cogs are worn my question is will those stop the whole tub from spinning? thought they would just control the upper agitator. I also looked at the clutch assembly looks fine but not sure what to be looking for. what would pop out to you as something is wrong with the clutch. if I hand spin the clutch it will spin the tub but when I hand spin the couplings nothing happens not sure if that is what's suppose to happen or not
thanks for the help in advance
just don't want to buy the parts and change em if that's not the issue
nico
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nico1986  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:48:49 AM(UTC)
nico1986

also have replaced the lid switch in unrelated problem about 6 months ago so its not that would be to easy
nico1986  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:57:33 AM(UTC)
nico1986

I just bypassed the lid switch so I was able to look underneath while it was running couplings r spinning. clutch does not move also I hear somewhat of a grinding sound can't really tell where its coming from
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:55:04 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If you rotate the transmission input shaft CW and clutch hub does not rotate, then the transmission is bad. It is repairable if you want to take it apart. Could be stripped spin gear or possibly a broken spin pawl or sheared spin pawl stud.

Eric
nico1986  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 10:11:12 AM(UTC)
nico1986

Hi
I'm not very savvy with this kind of stuff the transmission input shaft is the rod that comes out of the transmission and goes up into the agitator correct. Also do u know of a link that has the parts for what u describe and possible a video or a walkthrough as to do the repair. I ordered a new clutch and the agitator cogs should be here tomorrow will try replacing them and see it changes anything. Will update when down. Thanks for the help.
Also how do I try and spin the shaft should it just spin by me grabbing it with my hand and turning
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 3:05:18 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
No, the transmission input shaft is the shaft that the motor coupler connects to. Pull the pump from the motor and rotate the motor shaft to rotate the transmission shaft. Here is a screen shot of the internals of the transmission. If you have no experience in this type of work, probably best to just replace the transmission if it's bad.

Eric

UserPostedImage
nico1986  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 8:02:33 PM(UTC)
nico1986

ok will check that out tomorrow where would I find the parts that I would need to rebuild transmission if need be.all I see is the full transmission or the gearcase kit.could u post a link where I could find the individual pieces. also the sealant n gearcase oil.thanks again
OzarkHillbilly67  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:35:40 AM(UTC)
OzarkHillbilly67

I just finished tearing apart my transmission because the output shaft was locked tight. I was not able to find anyone who carried parts, just replacement transmissions. Which are more than the machine is worth. So I just worked at it until I got the shaft out and cleaned it up with a grinder. Then it rotated, so I put it all back together with new grease, oil and seals.
A website called AppliancePartsPros.com has all the parts new, but again, they wanted $60 + shipping for just the shaft.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply