Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
suds1421  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 12:25:52 PM(UTC)
suds1421

Groups: Registered

Hello,

My Kenmore washer has started leaving my clothes soaking wet after a wash cycle. When I take off the back panel the drain hose is nearly full of water all the way down to what I think is the coin catch.

From reading other threads it sounds to me like the pump is bad on the washer. I've found the pump on sears parts direct but I want to be sure it isn't something up.

The load isn't balancing when it's spinning, but I think that's because the clothes are so heavy, they are literally dripping with water and there is water in the bottom of the drum.

Thanks so much for the help! Jeff
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

suds1421  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 1:10:12 PM(UTC)
suds1421

Update: The drain hose was full of water from the elbow that goes into the wall to the pump. I took off the drain hose and the coin catch. The coin catch and the washer tub both had brown sludge in them like they weren't draining. They weren't plugged, but did have a small amount of it in there.

I ran the pump for a second to verify it was spinning and it was but I have no way of knowing if it is pumping effectively.

I will say that the pump was growling much louder than I would have expected a pump to sound.

Is there any way to verify the pump is bad?

Thanks, Jeff
HumboldtRepairMan  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 7:06:20 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Ohm check the motor but if it's working it's working they either work or are dead, check the incoming voltage make sure it's 120v if it's not you have a main control board or wiring issue..........If you got 120v and it's working make sure the drain pump area and the exiting hose from the drum is throughly cleaned.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply