Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tmwenzi  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:51:21 AM(UTC)
tmwenzi

Groups: Registered

My GE front load model:WCVH6800J2WW stopped working Tuesday last week. It worked fine on previous Sunday. When you push the power button and select setting andstart it clicks numerous times (like the door is trying to lock) and then the motor runs (like it is trying to bring in or drain water). I made sure filter was clean. I tried accessing the error codes mention on tech sheet. (Pressing signal delay start signal delay start) it beeps twice then goes start into the same strips mentioned above. It start it clicks numerous times (like the door is trying to lock) and then the motor runs (like it is trying to bring in or drain water).
Any thoughts I was thinking door lock or control board. I was hoping to at least have a error code to work from. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Keithhoffman22  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:47:36 PM(UTC)
Keithhoffman22

Were you able to resolve this problem? I'm having the same issue and would appreciate any suggestions or tips based on your experience.
tmwenzi  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:00:21 PM(UTC)
tmwenzi

Yes all that was needed was a new door lock assembly. Could not have done it with out Joe's help. Attached is the email.

You will need to check the door lock assembly [AP3884122] and door strike or plunger [AP4344561] for operation and alignment. The door has to lock, the control has to run a circuit check, then the washer will begin the cycle.**If the control can't progress into the cycle, the control turns on the drain pump, and turns itself off.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call us at the number below.
Sincerely,
Joe M.**
Customer Service
AppliancePartsPros.com team
Phone: 1-877-477-7278**
Online: Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts
Free Repair Help: http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply