Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#11 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2022 5:02:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Another repairman call avoided thanks to the 9-year-old post. Thank you internet stranger and GET IT TOGETHER BOSCH.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2023 11:49:00 AM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: MrD Go to Quoted Post
Hi JH,

First I want to tell you that my dishwasher is still working perfectly.

If you are having the same problem as indicated in my original post ... The "dispenser reset" process worked like this:

1) Begin a new load, just as you normally would, except no dishes or soap. (BE SURE to close the soap dispenser door before starting the load).

2) After about 15 minutes (not an exact science), "CAREFULLY" open the door to interrupt the dishwashing operation.

3) Check to see if the soap dispenser is "open".
3a) If the soap dispenser door is open, there is a good chance that this fix will not work for you. If the door is open, simply close the door and let the dishwasher complete the cycle and look for a different solution).
3b) If the soap dispenser is still closed, turn "OFF" the dishwasher with the Power (On/Off) button.

4) Wait about 15 seconds after turning the unit off ... then turn the unit back on and close the door. This should start a new cycle. Run the FULL CYCLE. This may seem a waste especially if the dishwasher is empty; however, you must allow the cycle to run to completion (do not interrupt).

At the completion of the Full Cycle, if your problem was caused by the same issue I was having, your soap/rinse timing has been reset. The soap dispenser door should have opened and you are ready to begin using the dishwasher as normal.

I hope this helps.

THis post, after all these years, is what saved me from paying a lot of money for repairs. Thank you very much!

#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 7:50:44 AM(UTC)

United States

Your advise worked for me
#14 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2024 8:48:14 AM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: MrD Go to Quoted Post
My Bosch dishwasher began to have a problem dispensing the soap tablets. The tablets would turn into a gel goo and would be stuck in the dispenser even though the dispenser lid was open.

After much research, I stumbled across a description of the function of the wax motor. Based on the description, I came to the conclusion that the motor/actuator system that operates the soap dispenser, ALSO activates the rinse. Like a clicker on a ink pin. The first push brings out the writing tip ... and the second retracts the tip.

Another way of saying it would be that the FIRST time the motor is activated, it dispenses soap. The SECOND time the motor is activated, it dispenses rinse.

What would happen if you were to interrupt and reset (power down) the dishwasher AFTER the soap was dispensed and BEFORE the rinse?

Well ... you would start the unit, it would dispense rinse, wash for a while and then, just before it finishes, dispense the soap (which has now melted inside the soap dispensing tray). This is my theory.

So, I started my dishwasher and run it for about 20 - 30 minutes ... interrupted the cycle ... then ran it again.

Yep ... the problem was fixed and it has been working flawlessly for about a month now.

BEFORE you spend a bunch of money on parts and the labor to replace the unit, try this "free" fix.

I hope it works for you like it did for me.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply