Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stephaniestar987  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 7:58:09 PM(UTC)
stephaniestar987

Groups: Registered

I ran the self-clean feature on my oven a few days ago. Tried to preheat the oven to make dinner tonight and realized the oven would not heat up. The fan and the control panel seems to be working fine. I am hoping this is something my husband can repair with some direction.

Our oven is mounted into the wall unit and I am not sure how to get it out.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bikerhaven  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 7:41:22 AM(UTC)
bikerhaven

Groups: Registered

It sounds like the bake element burned up. First turn the breaker off to the oven.
To access the**bake element, open the oven door, remove the oven racks and then remove the screws that hold the element in place.There is normally a small amount of excess wiring attached to the**terminals**on the element that allow a little room for maneuverability (you may have to tilt the element to get the terminals through the holes) To remove and test the bake element, slide the element forward and remove the wires by removing the screws from the terminals or by pulling wires off the bake element terminals. Visually check the entire element for signs of burn.Test the element for**continuity. Using the**ohmmeter, set the range scale on R x 1 and place the probes on the element terminals. There should be continuity, with readings ranging from 19 to 115**ohms. Readings will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and according to unit size and the wattage. Be sure to check your manual for the manufacturer's specifications.but my best guess its going to be 0 .
denman  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 3:32:42 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool KEBC107KSS03 Wall Oven - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet

My guess would be that you blew the thermal fuse (item 37 in the Oven Parts section).

As you can see in the tech sheet it kills power to all the elements.
File Attachment(s):
KEBC107.pdf (314kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply