Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simon / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 3:29:34 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

To check the sensor's resistance you will use the multimeter.
Let's go step by step.

Please post the results.

Simon.
Black Cherry  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:24:56 PM(UTC)
Black Cherry

Groups: Registered

Hmmm...things are a little complicated on this end.
The ignitor I got looks the same inside but there is no cage like housing around it. Do I reuse the one inside the oven? It doesn't look like it. The video shows the new one with its own housing.
I will check and make sure this is the right part.
Taking off the old ignitor I ran into a problem though. I stripped the edges of the rear screw. The edges are a little worn down and the piece (I don't know what you call these that are not phillips or flat ended) can get no grip and leverage.
Do I have to cut the screw or might there be a trick to loosen these troublesome little screws?
The part looks so similar but there is no little cage surrounding it. Is it the correct part??
Black Cherry  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:31:18 PM(UTC)
Black Cherry

Well customer service says it just comes without the bracket now. Does that sound right? I guess it won't matter underneath all that metal.
But I am not sure what to do about this stripped hex bolt holding the old ignitor on.
Simon / APP Team  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:49:42 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

You'll have to cut the screw off. When installing the new ignitor be very careful not to touch the exposed carbon part. It's very fragile.

Good luck.

Simon.
Black Cherry  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:15:44 PM(UTC)
Black Cherry

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

You'll have to cut the screw off. When installing the new ignitor be very careful not to touch the exposed carbon part. It's very fragile.

Good luck.

Simon.

OK thanks, Simon :cool:
Black Cherry  
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:10:15 PM(UTC)
Black Cherry

Alright I got the screw out and the old ignitor. Except for the electrical connection.
I do not see any panel on the back to take off and get access to the connectors (like shown in the video. I also cannot see anything on the inside of the oven to take off and get to the plug. Looks like the next thing to come off would be connected to the tubing the ignitor is mounted to but that cannot be right. It seems to just disappear into the back oven wall.
Any idea where that connection is accessed on this oven.
Simon / APP Team  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 10:25:01 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

You should be able to pull the ignitor's wires through the opening in the rear panel far enough to get to the plug. If not, then remove the cover from the rear of the oven and get to the plug from the back.

Simon.
Black Cherry  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 4:58:17 PM(UTC)
Black Cherry

Hi.

You should be able to pull the ignitor's wires through the opening in the rear panel far enough to get to the plug. If not, then remove the cover from the rear of the oven and get to the plug from the back.

Simon.

Hi, Simon.
I have been looking real close and I swear I can't figure out where to unhook it. I don't see anything on the back other than the entire back cover of the range. No small piece or panel I can see is removable.
I follow the wires back from the ignitor but they just go into the oven floor and there is no slack. I pulled the exposed wire in all the directions that seemed possible but I got no give.
I looked in from the front - behind the bottom pullout drawer and there is a connector visible that looks to be of the right type - but I cannot see how I would thread down the replacement ignitor's connector. It is along the back wall but I cannot see a way to get inside from the back side of the unit.
Is there a detailed diagram available anywhere for this unit?
It seems like it must be a panel on the back but for the life of me I can't see anything removable back there. :confused:
Simon / APP Team  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 5:31:02 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Remove the drawer and it looks like the plug is in the left corner. You should be able to put the plug through the opening at the back of the burner, if not then remove the burner and reinstall it afterwords.

Simon.
Black Cherry  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:48:14 AM(UTC)
Black Cherry

Remove the drawer and it looks like the plug is in the left corner. You should be able to put the the plug through the opening at the back of the burner, if not then remove the burner and reinstall it afterwords.

Simon.

Thanks again for you help, Simon.
I do see that plug in the back left corner. But I am not sure what you mean by the "burner". Is that the back of the entire unit? Or is it the tube that the ignitor is attached to? There is a hex bolt holding on that tube that the ignitor is fastened to but it looked like something I should not mess with.
There is a slanted floor around the bottom below that tube. I removed the hex nuts in front but that wasn't enough to get that floor out.
Is it just a straight shot and the connector will thread down from inside the oven to connect at that plug in the left hand back corner?
Sorry for all the newbie questions - it is just hard for me to picture what is going on here and I don't want to break something. The video shows lots of slack on the connectors and that would make much more design sense than what I am seeing on this Kenmore.
Is "at the back of the burner" where the tube goes into the back floor of the oven?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply