Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joshjustin  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 1:36:21 PM(UTC)
joshjustin

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone,

My Maytag fridge (MFF2557HES) compressor was making starting/stopping noises every few seconds and finally stopped cooling. I called in the repairman and was charged $300 for the installation of a new overload relay (part 4387835).

Later on that day, the fridge started acting up again. Same problem, only this time there were loud *clicks* after the compressor starting/stopping. I called the repairman back and he assumed it was a defective replacement part. So he replaced it again...and lo and behold, the fridge was still doing the same thing. He then quickly concluded that I had a bad compressor. :( Since, I plan to just get a new unit, I asked for a refund. He said I would still need to pay for the part! Why?!

Anyhow, I came onto this website and researched the overload relay for my model and to my surprise, it was NOT the same part number they supposedly installed. The part number for my fridge should be 67005560, not 4387835.

Are these parts interchangeable? Would this explain why the fridge was not making the clicking sound until AFTER they installed this new part? Would this cause any damage? Could my compressor still be ok and I just need to get the correct relay part?

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Josh
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.