Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nishiurag@yahoo.com  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 11:06:19 AM(UTC)
Nishiurag@yahoo.com

Groups: Registered

Problem: The oven self-cleaning locking mechanism on my Thermador range (red30vqw, s/n 99050068) does not engage. Through AppliancePartsPros I replaced the old mechanism with a Bosch 487674. The new part is not an exact match of the old but was told the new part was an upgraded version. I followed the wiring diagram provided in the faded old Xerox 'd instructions.
I double checked to match wires to connectors. When I turned the breaker on the oven locking mechanism began to continuously engage without me having pressed any buttons. The Cancel button did not do anything. Any suggestions?
I did notice during the installation that the wire connector sizes did not match the corresponding switch tabs, ie. Small connectors to big tabs. Could it be that the connections for Wire 28 and Wire 27 should be swapped? If so, likewise for Wire 25/26 and Wire 26? I'm tempted to just swap these wires but don't want to blow up anything and incur the wrath of the kitchen goddess.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cwr988  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:41:14 PM(UTC)
cwr988

Groups: Registered

I am experienceing tyhe same exact issue. I enterred the same model number for my thermador range which by the way wa awesome for about 5 years then began to suck. I have repaced my control panel/board 4 times, the oven glass twice, the elements in the oven twice, and the downdraft once. Its absurd. now I havent been able to clean the oven in months due to failed locking mechanism. I ordered a new locking servo/mechanism from Appliance parts pros who have been great in the past for my dryer. I followed the exact wire number instructions...th only vairience is #14 on te faded xerox is actually #15 on my range. I have the same issue...turn on power and its in perpetual clean mode. the fan runs nothing else will work. it says "lock" and the fan continuously turns on and off. I have tried countelss wiring combinations. nothing works. Evewn when I revert back to the old locking mechanism it says lock and wont work. If this fried my board, I'm going to file suit. wtf. Can someone please advise? I have invested way too much into this down draft stove. its absurd.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply