Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sabralynne  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 6:00:39 AM(UTC)
sabralynne

Groups: Registered

When I close the dishwasher door, it doesn't latch so it won't turn on. There is nothing blocking the metal piece that it attaches to, but when I look on the door, I don't really see anything that would attach to it. And when you press the handle from the outside, it doesn't click or feel like there is anything there. I'm not sure if the plastic part broke or if there's a spring inside that broke?

Am I going to have to take it apart to look? Would it be easier for repairman to come do it? From other posts I read, it doesn't sound easy to replace. I'm not even sure how this happened. It worked yesterday!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bbh  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 1:27:47 PM(UTC)
bbh

Groups: Registered

I just replaced my door latch with one ordered from these folks. I received it one day (one !!!!) after I ordered it. It is a simple project, but you do need to respect the electrical connection... If you turn off the breaker supplying power to the dishwasher you will be ok. There are some screws on the door holding the top panel on. Remove the screws and the panel will hang on some wires. Simply unhook the wires connected to the old switch, unscrew the two screws holding the switch in place, reconnect the wires to the new switch, screw it back onto the door, replace the panel, turn on the electricity and you are good to go.

Sears wanted almost $200 for this... it cost $33 and 5 minutes.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply