Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Haywest  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2012 8:09:06 AM(UTC)
Haywest

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn-Air Gas on Glass cook top model JGD8430ADF. It will not stop sparking when any of the burners are turned on. The spark module and all burner switches have been replaced, the internal wiring has been inspected and nothing appeared to be wrong, the AC outlet polarity has been checked and is correct. The cook top is in like new condition and very clean. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Haywest  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:52:23 AM(UTC)
Haywest

Groups: Registered

Ok, I'm going to post my own fix. The problem turned out to be a polarity problem, but with a twist. After nothing else worked, I began to wonder if something out of the ordinary might be going on. First I tested the house wiring and according to two different polarity testers everything was correct. So I wondered if I reversed the polarity going into the cook top would it fix the problem? To test my theory I used a short heavy duty extension cord I had made up with those removable ends like you see in the electrical department at Lowes or Home Depot. I simply reversed the hot and neutral wires on the female end of the cord. And yes, my tester indicated this condition. I then plugged the cook top into the cord instead of the wall outlet where it had been. I now works perfectly, so I'm assuming that somewhere in the electrical circuit the polarity is reversed from the way it should be. When I get time to pull the whole thing out again I'll just bet I'll find that the polarity of factory installed cord is incorrect, and by "correcting" the polarity with the extension cord that's why it works now.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply