Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nickcrap  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:46:28 PM(UTC)
nickcrap

Groups: Registered

My top mounted freezer -- Frigidaire PHT219HKM5 -- has been gathering condensation slowly. Icicles and excess ice have been showing up over the past few weeks. After closer inspection, the gasket has pulled away from the freezer along the top causing a pocket which outside air can flow. The gasket is otherwise intact apart from this 2-3 inch pocket.

I have tracked down the part through this site and inspected my current gasket. It appears there are NO screws keeping the current gasket in place. I simply need confirmation that I am not missing something or that I don't need some adhesive to attach the new gasket? I don't want to tear off the old one and have the new one in hand only to find I am missing some component i wasn't aware of ... because certain people co-habitating with me would not be pleased.

Any information provided would be greatly appreciated! The sooner the better as our freezer is developing some nasty stalactites.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.