Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdkelley  
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:36:01 PM(UTC)
jdkelley

Groups: Registered

So I ordered the part from APP and got several different pieces. The instructions dont make sense, so I suppose I can try any of them to see which one works?
jdkelley  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:43:39 PM(UTC)
jdkelley

The kit has 2 styles of relays.
Combo or Discrete.

My compressor is an EGY80

For EGY80:
Style 1, uses part 2188829 (which has no inner piece).
Style 2 uses part 2187145 (which looks like it fits into style 1).

So do I put 2187145 into 2188829?? But that says I'm combining the 2 styles in the kit! Btw, my existing broken part looks closer like part 2188830 (but the instructions say this is for EGY90 compressors)...

Guess I'll just start plugging them in, see what works?
jdkelley  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2009 4:10:10 PM(UTC)
jdkelley

UPDATE

The new start-dev fixed my problem. Don't remember the part combination I ended up using, but everything's cool now!

Thanks for all the help!
jla74  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 8:16:44 AM(UTC)
jla74

Well mine finally went dead this weekend. I have replaced the relay and the capacitor. Neither of them worked for me and not all it does is sit there and click, hum, then stop, .. again, again, again, and again.

I did ohm out the connections and everything looked normal.

The only thing I can come up with now is the compressor, any thoughts???
magician59  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 10:04:53 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Ohm out the compressor: Get a reading between the common (center) pin and each of the other two. Also get a reading between the other two. See if there is any continity between any of the pins and chassis ground. If so, the compressor's bad and needs to be replaced. Please post your results.
jla74  
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:31:16 AM(UTC)
jla74

Well I ended up replaceing the compressor. The old one was bad, ohm readings were roughly 4-3 between all three prongs. Installed the new compresser, charged it with the recommended 5 oz of 134. Now the compressor runs for around 5 minutes starts making a louder humming noise and shuts off. What are some possibilities that could be going on now? I am a bit confused, ok more then a bit (a lot). Please help!!
R21M20  
#27 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:21:30 PM(UTC)
R21M20

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
Usually, if you shake the relay, and it rattles, it should be replaced. Unplug the frige and pull the relay and overload off the compressor, exposing the three connector pins. Check for ohms from common (the vertex of the triangle) to each of the other two pins, and also between the other two. Then check to see if any, none, or all of the pins has continuity to ground, or the chassis. If you find any, or all, the compressor needs to be replaced.

Just wanted to thanks everyone on this thread. I took info from various post and repaired my frig today. One store in town had the part (relay and overload) in stock. I am pretty handy but could have never figured out the problem on my own. Frig has been running for 1 hr and is already getting cold. Once again thanks to all.
qingxiongli  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:38:21 PM(UTC)
qingxiongli

1. The rattle sound from overload/relay does not mean it is bad.
2. Compressor does not run may nt cause by overload/relay, it may caused by bad capacitor.

I just fixed my refrigerator after it stopped runing five days ago. I thought it was overload/relay, but after I plug new one, it still did not work. After I replaced capacitor, it works.

Free overload/relay (two of them), one is 67005560, new; another one is 67002527, used.
NarutoFan  
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:30:42 PM(UTC)
NarutoFan

Is my compressor ok? Ohm readings:
Top 2 leads: 59.4ohm
Top right and bottom: 5.9ohm
Top left and bottom 3.7ohm.

My start white relay rattles and is burnt. The black overload does not and seems fine. I want to get a replacement start relay but wonder if the compressor is still good.

Thanks.
jla74  
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:12:26 PM(UTC)
jla74

Are you sure the ohm readings are correct? 59 seems a bit high. By adding the two lowest readings they should equal the high reading. If you are having problems definately start with the inexpensive parts first, ie relay and capacitor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply