Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikeorr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 4:31:06 PM(UTC)
mikeorr

Groups: Registered

We purchased a water valve based on questions asked in our last live chat. After replacing it, we realized that the water was in fact making it from the wall to the filter and back to the water valve, but the water is still not reaching the dispenser. Where do we go from here? I couldn’t find any schematics from the water valve to the dispenser.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:07:50 PM(UTC)
mattt

Groups: Registered

Hello. I would check the water reservoir to make sure it isn't frozen. The way I do this is find the hose that goes to the reservoir, (at the valve), and disconnect it. Dispense water and if water comes out of the valve, move on. Next, follow the water line from the reservoir to the filter. Disconnect at the filter and dispense water again. Be sure in each case to use a container to catch the water so you don't create an electrical shock hazard for yourself. If water comes out the reservoir is not frozen. Next check the output from the filter. This way you check everything systematically. If you want to skip this procedure, you can heat the water reservoir with a hair dryer for 10 or 15 minutes and force water through it by dispensing. The only other thing I can warn you about is this could all be in vain if the water filter is in need of replacement. Hope this was helpful!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply