Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VegasAlleycat  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:50:47 PM(UTC)
VegasAlleycat

Groups: Registered

The water dispenser in my side-by-side has now started a continuous drip. If I hold my finger over the outlet tube, I can still feel some slight pressure building up even though the lever is not activated. Is this a sign of the inlet water valve failing? Also, in the past, the icemaker water inlet tube inside the freezer has frozen up with water a couple times--I assume this is the same problem as the water dispenser where water pressure is still feeding the icemaker tube where it slowly freezes. Any thoughts? Thanks...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jahmon  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:23:24 AM(UTC)
Jahmon

I have the same thing did you ever get the problem fixed? Thanks
VegasAlleycat  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:37:14 AM(UTC)
VegasAlleycat

Jahmon,

Yes, I was able to fix my problem. I ended up replacing the Whirlpool Refrigerator Icemaker Ice Maker & Water Valve 4389177 and it has been working perfectly ever since. I don't know what model fridge you have, but the company I purchased the part from (Midwest Appliance Parts--website: midwestapplianceparts.com) will likely have what you need. Replacing it was pretty easy. The old part didn't have any obvious defects, but replacing it worked and that is what is important--the constant drip was driving me crazy! Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions...
Tom
beav626  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 8:16:28 AM(UTC)
beav626

I hate to bring up an old thread but I've been having this problem too on my whirpool fridge.

I replaced the inlet valve and it didn't fix it completely. After about 8-9 hours it begins to drip again.

After you fill your cup with water you can see the water retract back into the water hose in the fridge. After several hours the water comes back up that hose and sits at the apex of the bend before it is dispensed. From there it slowly drips.

Any help would be appreciated
Jahmon  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 4:05:33 AM(UTC)
Jahmon

I replaced the water inlet and it fixed it.
ReeseRocks  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 11:42:52 PM(UTC)
ReeseRocks

Originally Posted by: beav626 Go to Quoted Post
I hate to bring up an old thread but I've been having this problem too on my whirpool fridge.

I replaced the inlet valve and it didn't fix it completely. After about 8-9 hours it begins to drip again.

After you fill your cup with water you can see the water retract back into the water hose in the fridge. After several hours the water comes back up that hose and sits at the apex of the bend before it is dispensed. From there it slowly drips.

Any help would be appreciated

I have the same issue as you. How did you fix it?

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply