Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tholz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:27:42 AM(UTC)
tholz

Groups: Registered

Hi,
trying to get to the evaporator coils in GE PDS18sbmclbs model. I'm looking looking at the schematic, Cabinet replacement parts for General Electric PDS18SBMCLBS Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

I have both doors off, removed the screws for "bottom ff" and the crosspiece mullion, however i can seem to get grill out (#39). I feels like it wants to slide forward, but seems to be caught on the crosspiece, which does not want to budge. Is the the correct pathway to the evaporator? I don't see how coming from the freezer box (bottom) would work.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?
thanks!
PS the problem I'm trying to solve is that my Refrigerator is warm, but freezer is cold.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tholz  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:13:52 AM(UTC)
tholz

OK, I figured it out! Just slide the bottom to the right and pull up. It is not necessary to remove the grill or doors.:mad:
ldavisfl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 5:14:48 AM(UTC)
ldavisfl

I also can't seem to get into the evap. Sliding the fridge compartment's floor panel to the right does shift it, but at best seems to only clear the left edge. The back edge is still under the rear wall panel, the front edge is still under the grill, and the right edge is now well under the right wall panel.

So, I have three edges of the floor panel still trapped.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe there is an ice damn beneath preventing me from sliding the floor panel sufficiently. This is pure conjecture, however, since I can't get the panel out.

I also was initially assuming the door had to come off, but the above writer said this was unnecessary, which makes sense to me. Seems crazy to require the door to be removed by every repairman who needed to access the evaporator compartment.

Does anyone have any additional tips or tricks for this model?

Thanks!!
ldavisfl  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 5:39:11 AM(UTC)
ldavisfl

I got it off.

Lots of wiggling and wiggling. Push it to the right and back and eventually free the left and front edges.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply