Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
onoye  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 3:37:54 PM(UTC)
onoye

Groups: Registered

Thanks to those who posted the previous information, as I wouldn't have known where to start otherwise. I found the diagnostic tests mentioned and did them, and got an error code 47 (this wasn't showing up before, the only symptom was the washer stopped at the point the high speed spin should have started). Based on this code and what others had said, I ordered the lock assembly for about $40 delivered. In the meantime, we did the diagnostic test to manually do a high speed spin after a load of wash was done. The part arrived quickly and it was pretty straightforward to install, and that took care of it.
mama23inmn  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:28:41 PM(UTC)
mama23inmn

Originally Posted by: Jim Engel Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Your experience is helpful even though costly to you it gives me more information on which to make a decision. I'd rather learn by some one else's mistakes. I called a service person to get an estimate for a visit. I told him the code i got #47 he said that often doesn't mean anything. he said he would replace the door lock first so that is what i will try . Another person had a similar problem replaced the door lock which didn't help and then had to replace the control board.

Model #= GLTF2940ES1
Frigidaire Gallery Series

I have read through all the posts and got pretty far, considering I don’t know how to fix much. I ran the diagnostics and got an error 47. I pulled the lock assembly out and tested for resistance and got an 1179. I am not sure if that means it is fine or if it needs to be replaced. I also tested the control panel and got the following readings:
J2=.5
J3=.455
J7=44.3
J14=273.7
J1=54.7
J4=I am not sure if this was reading correct or not. It would not give me a reading unless I put both black and red on the same prong. Then it only gave me a .2. I am not sure if it was saying OL since it didn’t appear to be reading anything.
J6=I couldn’t pull this out to get a reading so I just left it alone.

At this point, I don’t know what these numbers are suggesting. Please help me with getting the right part(s).
jmmocha  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 8:52:10 AM(UTC)
jmmocha

what am i doing wrong? my first error code indicated door lock so i replaced it. did not fix problem. new error code said replace control board, which i did. Still no final spin. please help.
jmmocha  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 9:54:15 AM(UTC)
jmmocha

what am i doing wrong? my first error code indicated door lock so i replaced door lock. this did not fix problem. new error code said replace control board, which i did. Still no final spin.
I ran diagnostic test and it spun. Now error code says 47 indicating something with the door lock? what the heck am i doing wrong here?
please help?:confused:
macscac  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:36:03 PM(UTC)
macscac

Hello. We have a frigidaire front loader. It's about ten years old.
It stop spinning. It will fill and drain but no agitate or spin
we called sears and the repairman said the motor was bad. Quoted me 390$ to fix but said it wasn't worth fixing and to buy a new machine. I ordered a motor online and installed it tonite. Still no spin???
so obviously the repairman was wrong

i am not electrically inclined but it must be either the control board to the left of the motor or the door switch
the motor control board doesn't look like its burned or anything
if I turn the machine on in the spin cycle, the light for “spin” comes on. If I push the knob in to pause, I can immediately open the door. It's not locked. Does that mean that my lock switch is bad? I do not have a voltage meter so I don't know how to check it by ohms

thank you
Gene  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 2:56:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What is the complete model number of the washer?

Gene.
Gene  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:08:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mama23inmn Go to Quoted Post
Model #= GLTF2940ES1
Frigidaire Gallery Series

...I ran the diagnostics and got an error 47. I pulled the lock assembly out and tested for resistance and got an 1179...

I'm sorry that your question was not answered on time.

These results are enough to say that the problem is a bad door lock assembly. No more tests required.

- The door lock assembly Part number: 131763202
Part number: 131763202

Although, it's probably too late to help you, I'm posting the answer anyway, so that it may help other people with a similar problem.

Gene.
jafrance  
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:12:11 PM(UTC)
jafrance

Originally Posted by: Jim Engel Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem as you except my code is E47 Board thinks door latch circuit is open. Did you ever find a solution?

I have the same code E47. What did you find out it was for your washer? The control board or the door latch switch?
sedalia  
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 11:31:28 AM(UTC)
sedalia

I am having the same code E47 and no final spin cycle. I first replaced the wax motor in the door lock assembly and still no spin and same code E47. I then replaced the whole door lock assembly unit and still no spin and same code E47. Does that mean I need to replace the motor control board?
lolapablobooboo  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:40:46 AM(UTC)
lolapablobooboo

My washer was not spinning and cloths was Still soaking wet it turned out it was just the belt, it needed to be replaced, so before I spend a lot of money paying someone to check and fix it check belt.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply