Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhschlak  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:24:35 AM(UTC)
jhschlak

Groups: Registered

I installed the ice maker last night. It cycled once and I heard the ice dump. But this morning, it had not made any more ice and their was no water in the tray. This happened with te old ice maker as well. I would try to fix the old ice maker, reinstall it and it would cycle once then do nothing.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks,
Jeff
jhschlak  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:35:25 PM(UTC)
jhschlak

I cannot seem to get the ice maker to work even after installing the new one. What are the symptoms of a bad solenoid valve?
Thanks,
Jeff
jhschlak  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 11:09:24 AM(UTC)
jhschlak

I found in another thread to try to test the voltage by using a multimeter and testing at points N and L. I get a reading of 35 volts???? I tried to jump points T and H anyway and nothing happened. Does that mean I have something wrong with the optics?
With the ice maker on and the flapper closed I get a solid red light, which I believe means it is working correctly.
Gene, what should I do next??? What does the 35 volts mean?
Thanks,
Jeff
imfrodo  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:17:24 PM(UTC)
imfrodo

Okay, I bought a used fridge and the ice maker wouldn't get water too it. Some say that the ice maker was bad because of what it was doing. Well, my gut feeling was to replace the valve, and bam it sent water to the ice maker. Then it wouldn't stop. Opened the front of the ice maker casing and found a screw on a spring inside. Without anybody telling me what it does I saw that it had a plus and minus sign above it. So, I tightened the screw so it went more on the negative side and all of a sudden the water stopped pouring into the ice maker. Either I love to tinker with stuff to find out what it does or these machines some how tell me what is wrong with them and know exactly how to fix them. Now with that screw, if you have it too tight water won't go into the machine unless it is the valve, if you have it too loose water won't stop going into the machine or too much water will and will cause it to over fill the tray and pour out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply