Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Loren Fanion  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 10:29:28 AM(UTC)
Loren Fanion

Groups: Registered

I've removed the oven door but can find no way to disassemble the door to get at the gasket. There doesn't seem to be any screws to remove.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

stilletto929  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:16:27 PM(UTC)
stilletto929

Groups: Registered

There are 3 screws at the top of the stove door, and 3 at the bottom. Take those out using a standard phillips screwdriver. Then things get interesting. You need a 1/4" hex nut driver (I got one in a set at Walmart, since I was motivated to take apart my oven door at 10:30 at night.) Unscrew the hex bolts at the top and bottom of the panel - these are little six sided doo-hickeys with a circle at the base. Remove that panel and the insulation. Unscrew the 4 hex bolts in the corner of the inner panel. That frees the gasket. I had a lot of difficulty getting the new gasket on correctly. Finally I figured out to put it on from the inside of the door, not the outside, that is put it in from the side where you unscrewed the 4 corner bolts. Get the gasket in correctly at one corner, and screw that bolt in to hold the darn thing there. Then work your way along that side, wiggling the gasket in. When you reach that corner, fit the gasket in around that corner, and then screw that bolt in to hold the gasket. Work your way around the whole door in the same way, to get all of your gasket in. Then just put the door back together in reverse and admire the shiny new gasket you just installed in your 20 year old stove. ;)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply