Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WetInCanada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:17:42 PM(UTC)
WetInCanada

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone, I have a brand new electric Maytag dryer that I just installed. I have it stacked on top of the matching washer (also brand new). The dryer will not power on. I have checked the outlet with my multimeter, and I get 120ish volts from L1-N, L2-N, L1-G, and L2-G; I get 245ish volts from L1-L2. When I open the dryer door, the light inside comes on. However, when I push the power button (or any other button, for that matter) absolutely nothing happens. The washer works fine. Any thoughts? The Maytag guy is coming next week, but I'd like to fix this sooner, is possible. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:24:52 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAYTAG YMEDE250XL0 27" ELECTRIC DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Check that the door switch (Item 19 in Section 2) turns the light off when the door is closed.

Other than that I would not mess with it as they could void your warranty on you if you try to take it apart and mess something up. If they want to be picky you may not even have to mess anything up.

I am assuming the unit came with a 4 wire cord and you have it connected to a 4 wire receptaclr (Neutral and ground are separate.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
WetInCanada  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:02:14 AM(UTC)
WetInCanada

Groups: Registered

I can confirm that the door switch turns the light off.

And your assumption about the 4-wire cord is correct.

I guess I will wait until they come next week! But I must say that having the unit not work from day one is getting things off on a bad foot.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply