Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smoky66  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 11:31:45 AM(UTC)
smoky66

Groups: Registered

We have a 2006 Carriage Cameo 5th wheel that has a Magic Chef stove. The burners, including the oven burner works fine, however, the oven door does not appear to be fitting corectly and the heat is escaping through the top of the door. The problem is to the extent that the knobs for the upper burners are too hot to touch. If you look at the stove from the side, you are able to see that the oven door is seated deeper at the bottom measuring 1" from the stove front while the top of the oven door is measuring 1 1/2" from the stove front. The seals look fine, and we cannot find any way to adjust the door. We called the RV dealer and Magic Chef and they both say that they have not had any calls for this problem. Has anybody else had this problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 11:50:15 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smoky66 Go to Quoted Post
We have a 2006 Carriage Cameo 5th wheel that has a Magic Chef stove. The burners, including the oven burner works fine, however, the oven door does not appear to be fitting corectly and the heat is escaping through the top of the door. The problem is to the extent that the knobs for the upper burners are too hot to touch. If you look at the stove from the side, you are able to see that the oven door is seated deeper at the bottom measuring 1" from the stove front while the top of the oven door is measuring 1 1/2" from the stove front. The seals look fine, and we cannot find any way to adjust the door. We called the RV dealer and Magic Chef and they both say that they have not had any calls for this problem. Has anybody else had this problem?

Smoky,
It's going to be a little rough to help, with out a model number but, Are you sure the oven door is properly installed in the door hinges ? Could the door have been bent ? And the front frame assembly ? That would be the next place to check.

Good Luck,
:) :) :) :)
smoky66  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 12:49:54 PM(UTC)
smoky66

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your reply regarding my problem with the oven door escaping heat. I did also speak with another person that told me that sometimes a weak spring which pulls and holds the oven door closed could be the issue. I am going to check out all these things. By the way, the only number I could find on the stove was on the top (8114-P065-60). Thanks again.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 1:30:49 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smoky66 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your reply regarding my problem with the oven door escaping heat. I did also speak with another person that told me that sometimes a weak spring which pulls and holds the oven door closed could be the issue. I am going to check out all these things. By the way, the only number I could find on the stove was on the top (8114-P065-60). Thanks again.

Smoky,

Thats not a model number (8115p065-60), But Thanks

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply