Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HONEYBUN  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:46:23 PM(UTC)
HONEYBUN

Groups: Registered

I Have A Maytag Stacked Unit, My Washer Isn't Spinning All The Water Out, It's Leaving About An Inch Or Two And The Clothes Are Not Spun Dry.........help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:23:58 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If water is staying in the tub it suggests you have a problem with an injured pump, or more likely, some obstruction in the drain line to the pump, or from the pump to the drain pipe.
HONEYBUN  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:02:39 AM(UTC)
HONEYBUN

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
If water is staying in the tub it suggests you have a problem with an injured pump, or more likely, some obstruction in the drain line to the pump, or from the pump to the drain pipe.

The drain line is clear to pump & from pump to drain pipe, we took off the pump & ran water through it, it looks fine, is there a filter somewhere that may be clogged?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:06:05 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

If the drain lines are clear then I have to think the pump is the problem evenif you cannot see a problem.

There is no filter to block things, but backflush into the tub with a hose to make sure nothing is in there where you cannot see it.
HONEYBUN  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:18:45 PM(UTC)
HONEYBUN

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
If the drain lines are clear then I have to think the pump is the problem evenif you cannot see a problem.

There is no filter to block things, but backflush into the tub with a hose to make sure nothing is in there where you cannot see it.

Ok, did that and still nothing, and I can't run this thing through an extra spin cycle & get the water out, it just won't come out............I have to wring out the clothes & dip the water out with a cup and start the next load...........ugh.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:58:44 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

I think at this point you should go ahead and replace the pump. If the pump is running and it is not defective and the drain hoses are not blocked it must drain.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply