Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BobG68  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 12:36:31 AM(UTC)
BobG68

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune Top load Washing Machine Model-FAV6800AWW; SN-11748887EN. It is approximately 5 years old. Suddenly, three of the buttons on the panel have stopped working. The issue is with the Spin cycle, Quick Wash and Normal buttons. They no longer respond or operate the machine in those cycles when depressed. They do not light up or beep any longer either and are completely dead.

The machine is still operational in other modes such as Wrinkle control, Delicate, Hand wash, Super wash, Whites, Colors, Bulky items and the Enviro Plus cycles. Any idea what may be causing these three buttoms/ cycles to suddenly stop working? Any recommendations on what tests I might run? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanking you in advance, Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 10:05:29 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Hey Bob,

I’m an owner like you not a appliance repair tech, I’m an electronics technician by training and have done extensive repair on my FAV6800A and have helped many owners on other forums with FAV6800A and FAV9800A machine issues and a few on this forum.

I’m going to point you to a similar issue an owner had a while back, no direct links but Google this [Fixed Maytag Neptune Not Responding]

You can get the Service Manual from that post also.

The 1st Google hit should take you to the post. This owner had a DVM and I was able to have him do some testing. The owner ordered out a Control Board (my 1st suggestion) and that did not fix the issue. Replacing the Console did but I had him verify the key Pad Matrix with DVM continuity checks.

This owner had a technical back ground but everyone’s situation is different. I try to get a close as possible to the fail point thru troubleshooting before a parts buy but sometimes component swaps are required. I have known good components for every part of the machine from parted out FAV6800A machines so troubleshooting for me is a bit easier.

I just spoke to Customer Service here and they offer a return policy on parts with no restocking fee if the part ordered is not the issue but check with them if you decide to DIY the fix. I would start with a Console replacement. This will require you to mount your current Control Board in the replacement console.

Maybe Joe will jump in here with some thoughts on how to proceed. He seems to have some very solid FAV6800A/FAV9800A hands on knowledge.

If I can help I am around………..Dick
BobG68  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 12:18:19 PM(UTC)
BobG68

Originally Posted by: BobG68 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Maytag Neptune Top load Washing Machine Model-FAV6800AWW; SN-11748887EN. It is approximately 5 years old. Suddenly, three of the buttons on the panel have stopped working. The issue is with the Spin cycle, Quick Wash and Normal buttons. They no longer respond or operate the machine in those cycles when depressed. They do not light up or beep any longer either and are completely dead.

The machine is still operational in other modes such as Wrinkle control, Delicate, Hand wash, Super wash, Whites, Colors, Bulky items and the Enviro Plus cycles. Any idea what may be causing these three buttoms/ cycles to suddenly stop working? Any recommendations on what tests I might run? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanking you in advance, Bob

Thanks Dick, I appreciate your help and will give your suggestion a shot.
Joe, do you have anything to add. Thanks, Bob
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply