Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BB69  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:54:27 PM(UTC)
BB69

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: BB69 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Huh, I missed the fan coming on when the doors are opened!! Just push in the freezer and fridge door switches and check if the evaporator fan is running!!

Rich, thanks for the assistance.. I changed the two thermisters and the module in the back of the fridge and i kcked it and cursed it for two days and it started working just fine.. fans on when supposed ot be - compressor working fine.. AMEN!

NO MORE GE!!!!

:) :rolleyes: ;)
good news... i changed the two thermisters and the circuit board and all is well. seems like all GE fridges have the same problem. I will still be putting this GE in the garage for a beer fridge and i am buying a whirlpool or LG side by side to try something new. :eek:

PS - I bought the new parts from this website. EXCELLENT SERVICE - quick delivery and reasonable prices!
xaipete  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:01:54 AM(UTC)
xaipete

Had the same problem with our now 4 year old Amana when it was a little over a year old. Fridge seemed fine but occasionally we would hear a kind of clicking noise go off and on maybe every 20 seconds or so for a few minutes, then the freezer would defrost. If we unplugged the refrigerator for 30 mins. and then plugged it back in, everything would start working properly again for a while. The repair person came out 3 or 4 times and replaced all kinds of things (rely switch, thermostat, etc.) but nothing fixed the problem and the problem started to happen more and more frequently. They finally replaced the compressor and that solved the problem. It was the compressor all along.
BB69  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:54:33 PM(UTC)
BB69

The compressor is fine and so is the fan. My last GE had the similar problems as this one but ongoing until I realized there was a problem about a year after I purchased it as new.

This one made it to 5 years with no problems... but no warranty. Even if I had the 5 year extended warranty, it would have been just over it and not covered anyway... bought $110.00 worth of parts from this website and the problem is gone... so far, so good.
:eek: :D :)