Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbmiller  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 8:18:33 PM(UTC)
bbmiller

Groups: Registered

Hello
this is not really a repair question, but more of a not need to come back here with a repair question question. I recently bought a Hamilton Beach blender which was said to have a motor with 750 W peak power and also said on the bottom of it for noncommercial use only. It made me some great smoothies, but only a few before I burnted out by having it work on a thick mixture for too long. As I only had the blender for less than a week the store I bought it from agreed to give me a full refund. This store, other stores and Internet site have goodbyes on blenders at this time. However I noticed there are only a few popularly priced blenders which is said to have feature of thermal protection of the motor. These are the Black & Decker blenders and the blender called "Wolfgang Puck 3-in-1 Blender Food Processor and Juicer" there are others however they are commercial models costing hundreds of dollars. So what do you think do you think the thermal protection features of these lenders would work? Would it be better to go a little more horsepower or better brand? I do not mind coming back here with a repair question on the blender if it only turns out to be a replace the fuse or where do I press the circuit breaker question. But if most of them require replacing the motor for what looks like a dead blender, I believe that would be more than would be worthwhile for a popularly priced a blender. So please tell me what you think.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.